Functions of the Directorate
- The Directorate of Medical Education, Govt. of Tripura, aims to promote expertise in Medical Science in different streams and to meet the ever growing needs of Medical Professionals for catering the improved health care demands and combating emerging newer diseases for the people of Tripura through different hospitals under the Directorate.
- To promote research in the field of Medical Science in the State of Tripura.
- To control the Undergraduate, Post-graduate & Diploma admission into various courses under this Directorate.
- To conduct combined Counseling for Admission in MBBS, BDS and PG seats of State Quota and different Para-Medical Courses. The GNM, ANM (Male & Female) training courses are also conducted by this Directorate.
- Administrative control over the Medical Colleges and its Teaching Hospitals.